As a first time cruiser I packed most of what every Vlogger & Blogger suggested. As pictured in a previous post are some things I brought that we used, some we did and a list of some things I wish we brought and didn’t purchase
- Towel clips, didn’t use them,
- Hand Sanitizer, they’re all over the ship. However Mexico would have been a good place to use them. Especially after messing with the parrot, ha ha
- Glow Sticks, well we could have used them in the America Rocks show but I took them to the sail away party, that we did not attend because we drank some wine in our room as we set sail. I will still pack them, you never know.
- We used the air freshener but honestly, I felt no need for it.
- The laundry bag was nice, not really necessary, but nice to have. We should have had our own.
- Wifi is useless! Luckily we have an international plan on our phones so we were able to use them while in port but we did put them on airplane mode while the ship was moving. No issues there. Funny that the ship app worked just fine but nothing else.
- Our Rtic (Yeti if you have those)! I had iced tea all day that stayed cold. My margaritas did not melt on the Serenity Deck, best decision ever to bring those.
- Suction hooks were nice to have to hang a wash cloth or let bathing suits dry when the clothes line in the shower was filled.
- Powerstrip is must! We had one outlet in the room. One! Do bring one (with no surge protection), for phones, curling irons etc., photo equipment and anything else you may have.
- Crossbody Purse. OMG I am not a crossbody purse kind of gal, but I am now. It was super handy, I loved it, and I feel like I could benefit from maybe a slightly larger one, but I am not sure why LOL!
Another thing we purchased was the so called “Bottomless Bubbles”. This package, from what DH and I gather are for people who drink a lot of sodas, not the occasional gingerale for when tummies give you trouble. I thought it included bottled water for some reason, it does not. Juices are available at the buffet so that’s not even a perk. Getting a “Bubble” is a pain in the rear to get at the bar & don’t even ask for the can, they are not allowed to give it to you when ordering with the package. Yes you read that, they are Not Allowed! Another thing, it’s useless with room service, and only one soda per card at a time. I wish they would update their system and see there are two people on the account so two sodas make sense. DH and I wish they had a coffee package. We would use that all day long!
We did use the candy we brought. I wish I had brought more selections for me, DH took all the good stuff right away. They were nice to have when we were watching a movie. I almost brought some crackers and I wish we had, or some chips, for my stomach the first night/day. I didn’t see any on ship. I would have loved a convenience store.
Next time we will get the case of water. It is only $4.50 and we would have loved it when at the gym, taking on excursions or just walking around the ship. It is a very reasonable price and well worth having them bring it to your room 🙂
Having our own champagne was a very nice touch. Wine glasses were in our stateroom already, the balcony was lovely, it was romantic and our very own moment that we cherish and have started our own cruise ship tradition. What are some of your cruise traditions?